Careers for Patriotic Types & Others Who Want to Serve Their Country [Secure eReader]
Click on image to enlarge.
eBook by Jan Goldberg
eBook Category: Business
eBook Description: Careers for Patriotic Types and Others Who Want to Serve Their Country lets career explorers look at the job market through the unique lens of their own interests. The book reveals dozens of ways to pursue a passion and make a living--including many little-known but delightful careers that will surprise readers.
eBook Publisher: McGraw-Hill Companies/VGM Career Books, Published: 2002
Fictionwise Release Date: September 2002
Is the Patriotic Path Right for You?
"Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country." -- JOHN F. KENNEDY
Does the John F. Kennedy quote above call out to you? For many, the feelings expressed above strike a chord. To these individuals, the patriotic spirit is very strong. Many feel that the best way to carry out this sentiment is through career choice. And that's where this book comes in. It describes a wide range of occupations that will allow you to express the patriotic spirit in your heart.
Is the patriotic path proper for you? Take the following self-test and you'll find out!
The Patriotic Quiz
1. Do you have an especially strong feeling about allegiance to your country?
2. Would you be willing to relocate to another part of the country or even the world?
3. Could you adjust to unconventional work schedules?
4. Are you self-confident about your abilities?
5. Do you have a willingness to serve others and your country?
6. Do you enjoy meeting and dealing with many kinds of people?
7. Are you flexible about living conditions -- possibly difficult ones?
8. Are you comfortable with an element of danger in your work?
9. Are you willing to make great sacrifices for your country and your fellow men and women?
10. Are you willing to risk your own well-being for the well-being of others?
A Tradition of Patriotism
In a large number of cases, patriotism seems to run in families. Did you know about these presidents' children who also served in the government?
Perhaps you will be the one in your family to initiate this patriotic trend. Or you may follow in the footsteps of other members of your family who have already entered one of the patriotic fields -- law enforcement, firefighting, the Peace Corps, the military, careers on foreign soil, politics, or government. All of these areas are open to patriotic souls.
The Patriotic Essence
The essence of patriotism was clearly expressed by President Dwight D. Eisenhower, in words attributed as his last: "I've always loved my wife. I've always loved my children. I've always loved my grandchildren. And I have always loved my country."
Copyright © 2000 by VGM Career Books